An interesting study, lol.
Marketed under the name, “Petrosexual drivers”, a term used to describe a person who is obsessed with cars (the Urban Dictionary said it, not us), it was commissioned by Carmony.co.uk, an used car seller in the United Kingdom.
The study was of course based on an UK demographic, so it might not apply to the rest of the world, but nonetheless, the findings are……let’s just say….amusing.
Here are some of the highlights:
* Women are still most likely to name their cars
* Women are becoming more knowledgeable when it comes to knowing the difference between a coupe and a hatchback for example
* “Boy Racers” are still Subaru’s fans, while the “Sunday Drivers” enjoy their station wagons.
* Muddy boots are most likely to be found in the trunk of a MINI
* MINI drivers are the least likely to workout
* Females that drive a BMW are most likely to wear sexy lingerie
* “One in 20 (5 percent) of male BMW drivers wear a thong and eight percent of older men are more likely to go commando!” ( Now that really made us burst in tears of laugh)
* One in ten think their vehicle choice makes them seem more intelligent
Source: BMW Blog