I do not know what is more news worthy or surprising - these new photos or Pontiac's behavior latley. Pontiac Media has released photos of two new cars tonight. They promised 3 cars for next weeks New York Auto Show. The third expected to be a special Solstice. The two vehicles are the G8 GXP and the G8 "ST". These two vehicles have been talked about since the G8 was announced. In fact the G8 JUST
went on sale recently at dealerships around the country.
What is surprising is how aggressive Pontiac is lately. This year alone they have done the following.. hit the jump for more info!
- G8 New Years Celebration in Times Square
- G8 Commercials
- G8 Pace Car for Grand Am Rolex Series
- G8 888 Promotion
- Giving away the 888th G8
- A few G8 commercials followed up with the latest Spy Hunter commercial
- GM taking a "Striped G8" out in public
- G8 GXP and ST Photo Unveiling
- Announcing the "ST" as a 2009 production product AND having a a contest to allow the public to name it.
The GXP is offered with a 6.2L LS3 motor and a 6 speed manual transmission. Manual trans equipped GXP's come standard with a 3.70 final drive ratio. Some of the upgrades include:
* Highly bolstered two-tone sport seats with color-coordinated gauge cluster and GXP embroidery
* Leather-trimmed steering wheel and gear shifter
* Power-adjustable front seats
* Fog lamps
* Alloy sport pedals
* A 230-watt Blaupunkt audio system
* XM Satellite Radio
* Unique front and rear fascias
As for the "Ute" G8 ST:
Unfortunately, there are no immediate plans to stuff the 6.2-liter LS3 Corvette V8 into the engine bay. Instead, the truck will have to make do with the still-formidable 6.0-liter V8 that powers the G8 GT sedan and makes 361 horsepower and 385 pound-feet of torque - enough muscle to propel the vehicle from zero to 60 mph in 5.4 seconds.
A six-speed automatic is likely to be the only transmission choice, but Pontiac plans to offer a sports package with 19-inch wheels and tires, plus other goodies. For more info about naming the new Pontiac G8 Ute go to:http://www.pontiac.com/namethiscar
So I guess what I will say is "Nice going Pontiac!"